This is what the technological revolution has brought us? Porn and death?
A 3D-printed “suicide capsule” has passed a legal review in Switzerland, potentially clearing the way for the technology to be put into use in the country’s legal assisted suicide clinics.
The Sarco capsule’s creator, Dr. Philip Nitschke, told Euronews Next that his aim was to allow anyone to download the design and print it themselves.
In the future, an AI screening process will allow Nitschke’s assisted dying advocacy organisation, Exit International, to “demedicalise” the dying process by removing the need for medical professionals to be involved, he said.
He told Euronews Next that an Exit International-commissioned review carried out by Swiss legal academic Daniel Hürlimann had confirmed that the Sarco did not break any regulations governing medical products, narcotics, dangerous chemicals or weapons.
The review also concluded that “assisting the suicide of a competent person by means of Sarco does not constitute an offence under the Criminal Code,” Hürlimann told Euronews Next via email.
- Is the Pope Resigning?!? From Il Sismografo: rumours of “probable resignation in the next few hours”. (Probably Not)
- Pope Plans To Dismantle Summorum Pontificum, Latin Mass Permission
- CDC Quietly Abandons PCR Test for Covid. Why?
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Supposedly “Secure” ProtonMail gives up IP addresses of climate activist to Swiss authorities
- Media Trying to Destroy Rosanne Boyland Before Truth about Her Jan 6 Death is exposed.
- Awesome Story — North Korea Hacked Him. So Peeved Security Analyst Took Down Its Internet
- Doomsday Approaches: Biden Announces Commission to Study Overhauling Supreme Court
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Abigail Shrier: Take back the right to speak your mind.