Texas Gov. Greg Abbott bans COVID-19 vaccine mandates by any entity
This sets the standard for ALL Republican governors.
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order Monday prohibiting COVID-19 vaccine mandates by any “entity,” including employers, if someone objects to the vaccine for “any reason of personal conscience.”
Why it matters: The new executive order goes further than the Republican governor’s previous vaccine mandate ban passed in August, which prohibited vaccine mandates by any state government entity or entities that received public funds.
State of play: Abbott has also submitted the issue to the state legislature’s special session agenda. The executive order would be rescinded once legislation codifying it has passed, according to a press release from the governor’s office.
The executive order also lists prior infection with COVID-19 as a possible medical reason for objecting to the vaccine.
- “The COVID-19 vaccine is safe, effective and our best defense against the virus, but should remain voluntary and never forced,” Abbott wrote in the news release
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- CDC Study — No Significant Difference in COVID-19 Transmission Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated
- Noooo — Notre-Dame interior faces woke ‘Disney’ revamp
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- China Threatens Olympics Athletes Not to Post About Political or Religious Issues…Or Else.
- Hmmm. Four British Airway Pilots Suddenly Die in One Week. But It Has Nothing to do with Vaxx!!!!!!
- 1st Grade Class Read Transgender Book. School Board President, Who Owns Sex Toy Biz, Does Nothing.
- Stupid Salvation Army Goes Woke and Now Broke — Donors Withdraw Support in Response to Racial ‘Wokeness’ Initiative