If all of this fearmongering sounds oddly familiar and totalitarian, that’s because the Communist Party of China (CCP) has been a pioneer in the conquest of cyberspace for decades — under the guise of combatting “misinformation” harmful to national security:
From the CCP’s perspective, “Western anti-China forces” are “actively trying to infiltrate China’s ideological sphere,” threatening China with the spearhead of Westernizing, splitting, and Color Revolutions, for which the blame is often placed upon the influence of the Internet and social media.
Chinese state censorship — along with the other tools of social control it deploys on its own population — is the model that Western governments hope to emulate:
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau met with criticism for the second time in as many days Friday, after telling a Toronto fundraising crowd that he admired China’s ‘basic dictatorship.’
The Chinese government operates what has been called the “Great Firewall” — restricting access to information deemed unacceptable by nameless state censorship agents and sending it down the Memory Hole.
- Cardinal Cupich of Chicago Drops the Hammer on The Traditional Rites
- FISA Court Confirms Govt Lied In Every Spy Warrant Application Against Carter Page
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Some French Don’t Surrender! French Mayors Rebel, Will Not Enforce Vaccine Passport at Cafes
- After Mexico City introduced ivermectin plan, COVID hospitalizations and deaths disappeared
- French National Assembly Passes Anti-Extremism Bill Proposing Stricter Rules for Religion
- 19-year-old Simone Scott was excited for her second dose of #Covid vaccine. Now, Her Mother is Arranging Her Funeral.
- Diversity – Unless You’re Asian
- Vid: High school student arrested for defying mask mandate
- Is the Pope Resigning?!? From Il Sismografo: rumours of “probable resignation in the next few hours”. (Probably Not)