Hmmm. You think Gavin Newsom, who is facing a recall election, will sign this?
Democrats in the California state Senate voted in favor of having all active registered voters receive a ballot through the mail prior to each election, according to the Associated Press.
While a majority of Golden State voters have been voting via mail for years, most had to request that their county elections office to send a ballot, according to the AP. California temporarily altered the rules for the 2020 presidential election to require that all voters get a ballot through the mail in advance of Election Day, the AP noted. State legislators kept that rule for the 2021 elections, including the gubernatorial recall contest, the outlet noted.
The state Senate voted Thursday in favor of establishing the rule as permanent, according to the AP, which noted that although the state Assembly previously voted to pass the measure, since the Senate made some alterations the Assembly will need to vote on it again before it heads to the governor.
Don’t miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. Listen to The Rubin Report now.
GOP state senators stood against the legislation Thursday, highlighting an episode from last month when authorities found more than 300 recall election ballots in a person’s vehicle, according to the outlet.
Republican Sen. Andreas Borgeas noted that he got one recall ballot delivered to his primary residence and another sent to his in-laws’ home.
“So if I’m getting two ballots, I know others are getting multiple ballots as well, and that feeds into this narrative of distrust,” Borgeas said, according to the AP.
Democratic state Sen. Tom Umberg said people could not vote twice if they get more than one ballot because the ballots are tracked using bar codes, according to the outlet.
Gov. Gavin Newsom is currently staring down a recall contest and will be ousted from office if a majority of voters back his removal.
“All California active registered voters will receive a vote-by-mail ballot for the September 14, 2021 recall election,” according to the California Secretary of State’s website, adding the county elections office would begin mailing ballots by Aug. 16.
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Not See? Olaf Scholz Becomes German Chancellor, Promises Harsher COVID Response
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- A Google-Funded ‘Fact Check’ Team is a Handful of Indians With No Experience in Journalism in a Small Town Near Bangladesh.
- Asked About Israel, Biden Refuses To Name Or Condemn Hamas For Their Terrorist Attacks
- Police: Criminals Are Using New Apple Device To Stalk Victims, Follow Them Home