Thousands of teachers are pledging to teach critical race theory in the face of state laws seeking to ban it from classrooms.
More than 5,000 educators have signed the Zinn Education Project’s “Pledge to Teach the Truth” since June 21. In the letter, the leftist education group claims the United States was founded on “structural racism and oppression”—tenets of the Marxist-based ideology called critical race theory.
“We, the undersigned educators, refuse to lie to young people about U.S. history and current events—regardless of the law,” the pledge reads.
Legislatures in several states have passed bills to restrict educators from teaching critical race theory to students. Florida’s education board outright banned teachers from using material from the New York Times’s 1619 Project. Teachers in Idaho are banned from teaching that any race or sex is inherently inferior or superior to another. And Rep. Glenn Grothman (R., Wis.) introduced a bill in the House that would prohibit teachers and students in the District of Columbia from making confessions about inherent racism based on skin color.
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Supposedly “Secure” ProtonMail gives up IP addresses of climate activist to Swiss authorities
- Police: Criminals Are Using New Apple Device To Stalk Victims, Follow Them Home
- China Threatens Olympics Athletes Not to Post About Political or Religious Issues…Or Else.
- VIDEO: Teacher Loses Mind, Threatens To Call Police On Unmasked Student, Calls Him A ‘Piece Of Sh*t’
- School Board Member Publicized Parents’ Social Security Numbers and Financial Records To Track Outspoken Parents