Truck drivers are protesting the 110-year prison sentence of a truck driver who killed four people in an accident.
Rogel Aguilera-Mederos, the truck driver, crashed a semi-truck into traffic, killing four people an injuring several others in April 2019. The crash also damaged and destroyed 28 vehicles, per CBS4 Denver.
- The truck reportedly lost braking function when it was traveling downhill on Interstate 70.
Aguilera-Mederos was arrested on 27 counts — four counts of vehicular homicide, six counts of first-degree assault, 10 counts of attempt to commit assault in first agree, two counts of vehicular assault, one count of reckless driving and four counts of careless driving causing death, per the report.
- Aguilera-Mederos, 26, was found guilty in October and sentenced on Dec. 13, where Judge A. Bruce Jones said his hands were tied due to mandatory minimum laws in the state.
- According to the Independent, his lawyer stated that Aguilera-Mederos had no previous criminal record and he’s a Cuban immigrant who values his new life in the U.S. The investigation also didn’t find the truck driver under the influence.
His sentence caused an outrage. A Change.org petition already has 4.3 million signatures, and is asking for clemency or commutation as time served.
- The petition also states that the trucking company involved has had “several inspections since 2017, with several mechanical violations.”
- Now, truckers are protesting by boycotting Colorado.
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- MIT Scientist Warns About Covid Vaccine on the Brain
- Wait. What? Pfizer CEO now says 2 COVID shots “offers very limited protection, if any,” against COVID-19.
- BREAKING: Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- SCOTUS Ruling on OSHA mandate expected today
- Teacher alleges she was fired for not ‘meowing’ back at student who identifies as a cat
- Professor Absolutely Loses it on Zoom. (NSFW) “You are all just vectors of disease to me!”
- Insane — Canada court rules father cannot criticize COVID vaccines around 10-year-old son
- Tyranny — New infrastructure bill grants U.S. gov’t ability to disable vehicles remotely