It would be the first time the Act has been imposed since Trudeau’s father Pierre Elliott Trudeau invoked the War Measures Act to deal with the FLQ crisis in Quebec in 1970.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau plans to invoke the Emergencies Act according to sources close to the prime minister’s office.
According to the CBC, Trudeau told his caucus he will invoke the never-before-used Emergencies Act to give the federal government special powers to handle the ongoing Freedom Convoy protests across Canada.
The legislation was designed to replace the War Measures Act, which defines a national emergency as an “urgent and critical situation” that “seriously endangers the lives, health or safety of Canadians and is of such proportions or nature as to exceed the capacity or authority of a province to deal with it.”
The Act, if invoked, will provide the federal government extraordinary 30-day time-limited powers enabling the prohibition of public assembly, travel, and the use of specific property. It would allow Ottawa to designate protected places and force privately-owned tow truck companies to provide their services to the city.
It would be the first time the Act has been imposed since Trudeau’s father Pierre Elliott Trudeau invoked the War Measures Act to deal with the FLQ crisis in Quebec in 1970.Keep Reading
- REPORT: CIA Admits That Agents Are Going Missing At Alarming Rate
- Is the Pope Resigning?!? From Il Sismografo: rumours of “probable resignation in the next few hours”. (Probably Not)
- Pope Plans To Dismantle Summorum Pontificum, Latin Mass Permission
- Media Trying to Destroy Rosanne Boyland Before Truth about Her Jan 6 Death is exposed.
- CDC Quietly Abandons PCR Test for Covid. Why?
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Doomsday Approaches: Biden Announces Commission to Study Overhauling Supreme Court
- Awesome Story — North Korea Hacked Him. So Peeved Security Analyst Took Down Its Internet
- Supposedly “Secure” ProtonMail gives up IP addresses of climate activist to Swiss authorities