ALBANY – All state university students will be required to be vaccinated in order to return to the 64-campus system this fall, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced Monday in another acknowledgement of a growing concern by public health officials over declining Covid vaccination rates.
“As far as I’m concerned, we all have one goal: get everybody vaccinated,” Cuomo said at a news conference in his Manhattan office.
The order will affect all SUNY campuses, as well as schools in the City University of New York system. He encouraged private colleges to follow suit.
Cuomo has previously said the state could not mandate vaccines on anyone because the vaccines are still only approved by the federal government on an emergency authorization use only.
“We have to start getting creative,” Cuomo said of getting vaccine-reluctant to get a vaccine.
An hour after his announcement, Cuomo clarified to note that the SUNY vaccination mandate will happen only if Washington fully okays the vaccines instead of the current emergency authorization. He said he expects that to occur by September to permit the mandatory order to go forward.
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Media Trying to Destroy Rosanne Boyland Before Truth about Her Jan 6 Death is exposed.
- Justin Trudeau Says That Unvaccinated People Are Usually ‘Racist’ And ‘Misogynist’.
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Wow! Texas Supreme Court Says Facebook Can’t use Section 230 as a Shield.
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- Tokyo Medical Association Chairman Haruo Ozaki on Ivermectin
- Gov. Kristi Noem is a Leftist Fraud Who is Controlled by Big Business