But what about the mandates?
Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics said Friday they’ve developed a drug that reduces the risk of hospitalization or death by around 50% for patients with mild or moderate cases of Covid.
The companies plan to seek emergency authorization for the antiviral Covid treatment after the medicine showed “compelling results” in clinical trials.
The drug, molnupiravir, is administered orally and works by inhibiting the replication of the coronavirus inside the body.
An interim analysis of a phase 3 study found that 7.3% of patients treated with molnupiravir were hospitalized within 29 days. Of the patients who received a placebo, 14.1% were hospitalized or died by day 29. No deaths were reported in patients who were given molnupiravir within the 29-day period, while eight deaths were reported in placebo-treated patients.
“The news of the efficacy of this particular antiviral is obviously very good news,” White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said at a Covid briefing Friday. “The company, when they briefed us last night, had mentioned that they will be submitting their data to the FDA imminently.”
“The FDA will look at the data and in their usual, very efficient and effective way, will examine the data as quickly as they possibly can, and then it will be taken from there,” Fauci said.
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- FISA Court Confirms Govt Lied In Every Spy Warrant Application Against Carter Page
- This Pic Hilariously Sums up the Media’s Coverage of Covid
- Naomi Wolf: Vaccine Passports are “End of Human Liberty.”
- Cardinal Cupich of Chicago Drops the Hammer on The Traditional Rites
- Vid: High school student arrested for defying mask mandate
- French National Assembly Passes Anti-Extremism Bill Proposing Stricter Rules for Religion
- Vid: Gov. Desantis Makes a Strong Stand for Personal Freedom.
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Nightmare Fish Washes Up on California Shore. I’m Not Saying It’s the Apocalypse but…