Hmmm. Has molecular similarities to Ivermectin but that’s a total coincidence, right?
The U.K. has become the first country to approve Merck’s new antiviral pill that is a treatment for COVID-19. The drug molnupiravir — which is to be branded as Lagevrio in Britain — is being lauded as a “game-changer” by the U.K.’s health secretary.
The U.K.’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency granted authorization for molnupiravir on Thursday. Molnupiravir has been authorized for use in adults age 18 and older who have tested positive for COVID-19 and have at least one risk factor for developing severe disease, such as obesity, heart disease, or are over the age of 60.
The COVID-19 pill developed jointly by Ridgeback Biotherapeutics and Merck works by interfering with the virus’ replication. The drug is said to prevent SARS-CoV-2 from multiplying, which keeps virus levels low in the body and reduces the severity of the disease.
“Molnupiravir (MK-4482, EIDD-2801) is an investigational, orally administered form of a potent ribonucleoside analog that inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2, the causative agent of COVID-19,” Merck’s press release stated.
Don’t miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. Listen to The Rubin Report now.
The British government says, “Based on the clinical trial data, Lagevrio is most effective when taken during the early stages of infection and so the MHRA recommends its use as soon as possible following a positive COVID-19 test and within five days of symptoms onset.”
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- Jordan Peterson resigns as tenured University of Toronto professor, torpedoes academia as ‘stunningly corrupt enterprise’
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Liars Game — CDC withheld massive amounts of COVID data to ‘prevent vaccine hesitancy’
- Video Shows U.S. Capitol Police Gave Protesters OK to Enter
- Aussie Police confirm use of controversial LRAD Weapon against Canberra protestors
- What the ever living? Report–Governor Kristi Noem is having an extramarital affair with adviser Corey Lewandowski