Hmmm. Has molecular similarities to Ivermectin but that’s a total coincidence, right?
The U.K. has become the first country to approve Merck’s new antiviral pill that is a treatment for COVID-19. The drug molnupiravir — which is to be branded as Lagevrio in Britain — is being lauded as a “game-changer” by the U.K.’s health secretary.
The U.K.’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency granted authorization for molnupiravir on Thursday. Molnupiravir has been authorized for use in adults age 18 and older who have tested positive for COVID-19 and have at least one risk factor for developing severe disease, such as obesity, heart disease, or are over the age of 60.
The COVID-19 pill developed jointly by Ridgeback Biotherapeutics and Merck works by interfering with the virus’ replication. The drug is said to prevent SARS-CoV-2 from multiplying, which keeps virus levels low in the body and reduces the severity of the disease.
“Molnupiravir (MK-4482, EIDD-2801) is an investigational, orally administered form of a potent ribonucleoside analog that inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2, the causative agent of COVID-19,” Merck’s press release stated.
Don’t miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. Listen to The Rubin Report now.
The British government says, “Based on the clinical trial data, Lagevrio is most effective when taken during the early stages of infection and so the MHRA recommends its use as soon as possible following a positive COVID-19 test and within five days of symptoms onset.”
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- Tokyo Medical Association Chairman Haruo Ozaki on Ivermectin
- Media Trying to Destroy Rosanne Boyland Before Truth about Her Jan 6 Death is exposed.
- Suspect In Murder Of Temple Student Walked After D.A. Dropped Armed Carjacking Charges Against Him
- Dan Bongino to New Yorker Writer: “You’ll Never Win.”
- Yeah, About those Pipe Bombs? Another 1/6 Hoax?
- A Judge Stands up to a Hospital: “Step Aside” and Give a Dying Man Ivermectin
- Holy Smokes! Kevin McCarthy Lives With Frank Luntz!
- Orwell’s Classic novel 1984 to be retold as a feminist social justice narrative in which the Julia character “is happy with her life.”