Vice President Kamala Harris has told confidants that news coverage of her would be different if she were a white male, The New York Times reported.
Harris also has told friends that unmanageable issues — e.g. southern border crisis, voting rights — that she has tackled have created difficulties for her, the Times reported Thursday.
“I think it’s no secret that the different things she has been asked to take on are incredibly demanding, not always well understood publicly and take a lot of work as well as a lot of skill,” Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg told the Times.
“You have to do everything except one thing, which is take credit.”
Harris supporters, such as Rep. Karen Bass, D-Calif., say the administration should have stood up for the vice president more aggressively amid negative media coverage.
“What the White House could’ve done is been clearer with the expectations of what was supposed to happen under her watch,” Bass, former chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus, told the Times.
In March, President Joe Biden put Harris in charge of the U.S. response to the influx of migrants that has overwhelmed the southern border.
The vice president then was criticized for waiting nearly three months to visit the border, and for her answers after being asked why she hadn’t gone to the U.S.-Mexico boundary sooner.
Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, told the Times his experiences with Harris’ team had been disappointing. He said he never received a call back after his staff reached out after learning the vice president would be visiting the border.
“I say this very respectfully to her: I moved on,” Cuellar told the Times. “She was tasked with that job, it doesn’t look like she’s very interested in this, so we are going to move on to other folks that work on this issue.”
The Times said Harris asked to lead the Biden administration’s efforts on the voting rights issue.https://www.newsmax.com/politics/kamala-harris-media-white-male/2021/12/23/id/1049769/
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- MIT Scientist Warns About Covid Vaccine on the Brain
- Teacher alleges she was fired for not ‘meowing’ back at student who identifies as a cat
- Insane — Canada court rules father cannot criticize COVID vaccines around 10-year-old son
- Wait. What? Pfizer CEO now says 2 COVID shots “offers very limited protection, if any,” against COVID-19.
- BREAKING: Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors
- SCOTUS Ruling on OSHA mandate expected today
- And Now Ireland — Ireland drops most COVID-19 restrictions
- Professor Absolutely Loses it on Zoom. (NSFW) “You are all just vectors of disease to me!”
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?