A report by The Washington Post on Monday claimed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is expected to “step down” after the 2022 midterms as Democrats prepare for new leadership in the days ahead.
“After almost 19 years as House Democratic leader, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) is expected to step down at the close of this Congress, ending a historic career that included trying to end George W. Bush’s Iraq War, implementing President Barack Obama’s signature health-care law, impeaching President Donald Trump twice and squeezing President Biden’s sweeping agenda through a narrowly controlled House,” the Post’s Marianna Sotomayor wrote.
The article also discussed some of the party’s suggested replacements. New York Democratic Rep. Hakeem Jeffries was noted as “the early favorite.”
Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer (D-MD) and Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-SC) would certainly rank in the discussions as well, though the report suggested some Democrats are ready for new leadership.
“But the members interviewed overwhelmingly agreed that Pelosi’s replacement should be equally as historic as electing the first female speaker. That leaves White men who are mulling a run — such as Hoyer and Rep. Adam B. Schiff (Calif.), a Pelosi ally — in a difficult spot with a party that is looking for more diversity at the top. It is also to the benefit of Jeffries, who would be the first Black person to lead either party in either chamber,” the report added.https://www.dailywire.com/news/washington-post-reports-pelosi-expected-to-step-down-after-2022-midterms
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Bannon: Audits Will Happen in Georgia
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Stolen Motorcycle Crashes at 130mph On Live TV
- Some French Don’t Surrender! French Mayors Rebel, Will Not Enforce Vaccine Passport at Cafes
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Is Gavin Newsom hiding because he got Bell’s Palsy from Booster Shot?
- Debate tournament banned White students from competing
- Rumors Persist Among Vatican Insiders That Pope Is Seriously Ill