Germany is planning to impose a lockdown on the unvaccinated. The move, if implemented, follows Austria’s lockdown measures that exclusively apply to those who have not taken the COVID-19 vaccine.
As Germany’s case numbers rise, the government is paving the way for the introduction of tighter restrictions on those who have chosen not to take the vaccine.
The Guardian reports that the measures are an effort to control the country’s highest infection levels since the start of the pandemic last year.
Germany’s disease control agency, the Robert Koch Institute, recorded a seven-day incidence rate of 312 cases per 100,000 people, with some locations surpassing more than 1,000. The number far exceeds the rate in 2020, which stood at 139 before the introduction of the vaccine.
Despite the higher case count, the number of deaths reported stood at 265, which the Guardian says is “much fewer than the pre-vaccine peak.”
Germany currently stands at a political standstill, with the impending ouster of Chancellor Angela Merkel, until a three-way coalition government takes control next month. Local publications report that management of the pandemic appears to be directionless until the new government is installed.https://www.rebelnews.com/germany_set_to_impose_lockdown_on_unvaccinated
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- Antibody neutralizing all Covid variants found, Chinese scientists claim
- Oh Nooooo. Rock legend Meatloaf dead at 74
- Dr. Zelenko Protocols for America – Live Like you Were Dying
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Twitter Eyes Deal With Musk as Soon as Monday
- Tyranny — New infrastructure bill grants U.S. gov’t ability to disable vehicles remotely