The Washington Post’s Josh Rogin has cited multiple US administration officials who say President Biden will soon announce a diplomatic boycott of the Beijing Winter Olympics – which coming off the “respectful” and “candid” Monday night virtual summit with China’s Xi Jinping will prove a hugely symbolic affront sure to again evoke fury from Beijing.
According to Rogin, and with the Beijing Games just three months away, the announcement will come “sooner rather than later,” which will involve a declaration that “neither President Biden nor any other US government officials will attend the Beijing Games.” Rogin underscores that “This diplomatic boycott is intended, the sources say, as a way to respond to the Chinese government’s human rights abuses without impacting U.S. athletes.”
So essentially the move stops far short of any real or total US boycott of the games, instead US leaders – including Congressional members – will be barred by Washington from attending, while the US will be fully represented in terms of athletes competing with no hindrance.https://www.zerohedge.com/political/biden-soon-announce-diplomatic-boycott-beijing-winter-olympics-wapo
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Media Trying to Destroy Rosanne Boyland Before Truth about Her Jan 6 Death is exposed.
- Tokyo Medical Association Chairman Haruo Ozaki on Ivermectin
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Wow! Texas Supreme Court Says Facebook Can’t use Section 230 as a Shield.
- Holy Smokes! Kevin McCarthy Lives With Frank Luntz!
- AT&T To Remove One America News Network From Lineup
- Orwell’s Classic novel 1984 to be retold as a feminist social justice narrative in which the Julia character “is happy with her life.”