The Washington Post’s Josh Rogin has cited multiple US administration officials who say President Biden will soon announce a diplomatic boycott of the Beijing Winter Olympics – which coming off the “respectful” and “candid” Monday night virtual summit with China’s Xi Jinping will prove a hugely symbolic affront sure to again evoke fury from Beijing.
According to Rogin, and with the Beijing Games just three months away, the announcement will come “sooner rather than later,” which will involve a declaration that “neither President Biden nor any other US government officials will attend the Beijing Games.” Rogin underscores that “This diplomatic boycott is intended, the sources say, as a way to respond to the Chinese government’s human rights abuses without impacting U.S. athletes.”
So essentially the move stops far short of any real or total US boycott of the games, instead US leaders – including Congressional members – will be barred by Washington from attending, while the US will be fully represented in terms of athletes competing with no hindrance.https://www.zerohedge.com/political/biden-soon-announce-diplomatic-boycott-beijing-winter-olympics-wapo
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- MIT Scientist Warns About Covid Vaccine on the Brain
- Teacher alleges she was fired for not ‘meowing’ back at student who identifies as a cat
- Insane — Canada court rules father cannot criticize COVID vaccines around 10-year-old son
- Wait. What? Pfizer CEO now says 2 COVID shots “offers very limited protection, if any,” against COVID-19.
- BREAKING: Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors
- SCOTUS Ruling on OSHA mandate expected today
- And Now Ireland — Ireland drops most COVID-19 restrictions
- Professor Absolutely Loses it on Zoom. (NSFW) “You are all just vectors of disease to me!”
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?