The Washington Post’s Josh Rogin has cited multiple US administration officials who say President Biden will soon announce a diplomatic boycott of the Beijing Winter Olympics – which coming off the “respectful” and “candid” Monday night virtual summit with China’s Xi Jinping will prove a hugely symbolic affront sure to again evoke fury from Beijing.
According to Rogin, and with the Beijing Games just three months away, the announcement will come “sooner rather than later,” which will involve a declaration that “neither President Biden nor any other US government officials will attend the Beijing Games.” Rogin underscores that “This diplomatic boycott is intended, the sources say, as a way to respond to the Chinese government’s human rights abuses without impacting U.S. athletes.”
So essentially the move stops far short of any real or total US boycott of the games, instead US leaders – including Congressional members – will be barred by Washington from attending, while the US will be fully represented in terms of athletes competing with no hindrance.https://www.zerohedge.com/political/biden-soon-announce-diplomatic-boycott-beijing-winter-olympics-wapo
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- FISA Court Confirms Govt Lied In Every Spy Warrant Application Against Carter Page
- This Pic Hilariously Sums up the Media’s Coverage of Covid
- Naomi Wolf: Vaccine Passports are “End of Human Liberty.”
- Cardinal Cupich of Chicago Drops the Hammer on The Traditional Rites
- French National Assembly Passes Anti-Extremism Bill Proposing Stricter Rules for Religion
- Vid: High school student arrested for defying mask mandate
- Vid: Gov. Desantis Makes a Strong Stand for Personal Freedom.
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Nightmare Fish Washes Up on California Shore. I’m Not Saying It’s the Apocalypse but…