Director Steven Spielberg’s woke West Side Story remake flopped all over the planet.
After its global debut, West Side Story: The Corrected Version sits at a worldwide take of just $15 million as of Monday.
If you think that sounds bad, wait till you get a load of this…
That $15 million includes the $10.5 million West Side Story: The Woketard Version made here in the U.S.
20th Century Studios
Gee, I wonder if German subtitles were added in Germany, or French subtitles were added in France, or if only American audiences were told their language is so incorrect there would be no English subtitles for the Spanish-speaking scenes?
Naturally, the kiss-ass entertainment media is spin-spin-spinning:
So what happened? Anthony has the domestic rundown here — and offshore is a somewhat similar situation. There are increased Covid fears in Europe and older audiences are not rushing out to see a film they know they can catch during the down time after holiday preparations are through. In terms of individual markets, the UK leads at $1.7M (No. 2 opening), followed by France with $1.1M (the soft market is led by a local fourquel which saw a bigger drop from Wednesday-Thursday than WSS). After that, we cast downwards to Germany’s $300K start and Russia and Netherlands’ $200K debuts. Russia and Germany were expected to be soft, and Netherlands has a 5PM curfew in place.
Oh, yes, the virus. That must be it…
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Wow – Chicago man released from prison 20 years later after twin brother confesses to murder
- Twitter Eyes Deal With Musk as Soon as Monday
- ‘Where Is Your God Now?’ Portland Cops Do NOTHING as Antifa Attacks Prayer Event
- New Gallup No Brainer: Amid Pandemic, 79% of K-12 Parents Support In-Person School
- Human beings aren’t clownfish