One Democrat Governor Admits The COVID Emergency Is Over: If You Get Sick, It’s Your ‘Own Darn Fault’
He is wrong on the science of this, but it is the politics that matters:
Colorado Democrat Gov. Jared Polis declared the coronavirus emergency “over” in an interview Friday, proclaiming that in an era of widely available vaccines, it’s people’s “own darn fault” if they get sick.
“Everybody had more than enough opportunity to get vaccinated,” Polis told Colorado Public Radio. “Hopefully, it’s been at your pharmacy, your grocery store, a bus near you, [or at] big events. At this point, if you haven’t been vaccinated, it’s really your own darn fault.”
Polis made the comments while explaining his refusal to reimplement a statewide mask mandate as have other Democrat governors in Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, Illinois, and New Mexico, each of which include mask requirements despite vaccination status, according to a MultiState tracker. Mandates passed by Democrat governors in California and New York exclude the vaccinated but not people with natural immunity due to prior infection.
“Those who get sick, it’s almost entirely their own darn fault,” Polis reiterated. “I don’t want to say that nobody [will get the virus if they’re] vaccinated, but it’s very rare. Just to put it in perspective, of the about 1,400 people hospitalized, less than 200 (0r 16 percent) are vaccinated. And many of them are older or have other conditions. Eighty-four percent of the people in our hospitals are unvaccinated, and they absolutely had every chance to get vaccinated.”
The Colorado governor went on to encourage the public to get booster shots as immunity wanes and the Omicron variant spreads.https://thefederalist.com/2021/12/13/one-democrat-governor-admits-the-covid-emergency-is-over-if-you-get-sick-its-your-own-darn-fault/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=one-democrat-governor-admits-the-covid-emergency-is-over-if-you-get-sick-its-your-own-darn-fault
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Wait. What? Pfizer CEO now says 2 COVID shots “offers very limited protection, if any,” against COVID-19.
- BREAKING: Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors
- SCOTUS Ruling on OSHA mandate expected today
- Professor Absolutely Loses it on Zoom. (NSFW) “You are all just vectors of disease to me!”
- Justin Trudeau Says That Unvaccinated People Are Usually ‘Racist’ And ‘Misogynist’.
- Another Soccer Star Dies of Heart Attack on Field!
- Savage Dad Berates ‘Beta’ School Board With Perfect Comedic Timing
- Rumors Persist Among Vatican Insiders That Pope Is Seriously Ill
- Top Tennis Player Quits, Complaining of Chest Pains