Dr. Fauci and Sen. Rand Paul had a contentious exchange at a Senate hearing yesterday. The gist – Sen. Paul said the NIH funded ‘gain of function’ research (say, what!) at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) and Dr. Fauci emphatically denied it.
PolitiFact then ran a non-fact check interview with Dr. Fauci in which he denied it again.
But – awkward moment – in a Feb 2021 Fact Check, PolitiFact noted as an aside that, per MIT biologist Kevin Esvelt, the NIH had funded gain of function research at the WIV. In that article they exonerated Dr. Fauci of a broader claim, that he had funded research that directly led to the COVID-19 virus.
The Team Fauci spinners will be earning their paychecks today. Let’s dive in.
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Rumors Persist Among Vatican Insiders That Pope Is Seriously Ill
- New York junior high segregating students by race in order to ‘undo legacy of racism.’ Do they not know what “racism” means?
- CDC Study — No Significant Difference in COVID-19 Transmission Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated
- Uh-Oh. Vials labeled ‘smallpox’ found in Merck lab near Philadelphia. FBI Investigating.
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Sen. Rick Scott Threatens NCAA right back!
- Affirmative action on Trial: Supreme Court to consider use of race in college admissions