Twitter Inc. is in the final stretch of negotiations about a $43 billion sale to Elon Musk that could rank as one of the biggest-ever leveraged buyouts of a listed company, people with knowledge of the matter said.
The social media company is working to hammer out terms of a transaction and could reach an agreement as soon as Monday if negotiations go smoothly, according to the people, who asked not to be identified because the information is private. Musk is lining up partners for the acquisition and continues to speak to potential co-investors, one of the people said.
Discussions between the billionaire Tesla Inc. chief executive officer and Twitter’s board about a takeover at $54.20 per share continued overnight into the early hours of Monday, the people said. Shares of Twitter jumped as much as 6.2% in pre-market U.S. trading Monday, hitting as high as $51.98.
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Aussie Police confirm use of controversial LRAD Weapon against Canberra protestors
- Twitter Eyes Deal With Musk as Soon as Monday
- Some French Don’t Surrender! French Mayors Rebel, Will Not Enforce Vaccine Passport at Cafes
- Finnish Pastor On Trial For ‘Hate Speech’ After Tweeting Bible Verse
- Must Read Commentary by Dr. Angelique Coetzee — Dr. Who Found Announced Omicron
- First Comes Love. Then Comes Sterilization.
- Fairfield Carmelite Sisters Wait and Pray for an End to Their Saga
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?