Twitter Inc. is in the final stretch of negotiations about a $43 billion sale to Elon Musk that could rank as one of the biggest-ever leveraged buyouts of a listed company, people with knowledge of the matter said.
The social media company is working to hammer out terms of a transaction and could reach an agreement as soon as Monday if negotiations go smoothly, according to the people, who asked not to be identified because the information is private. Musk is lining up partners for the acquisition and continues to speak to potential co-investors, one of the people said.
Discussions between the billionaire Tesla Inc. chief executive officer and Twitter’s board about a takeover at $54.20 per share continued overnight into the early hours of Monday, the people said. Shares of Twitter jumped as much as 6.2% in pre-market U.S. trading Monday, hitting as high as $51.98.
- REPORT: CIA Admits That Agents Are Going Missing At Alarming Rate
- Is the Pope Resigning?!? From Il Sismografo: rumours of “probable resignation in the next few hours”. (Probably Not)
- Pope Plans To Dismantle Summorum Pontificum, Latin Mass Permission
- Media Trying to Destroy Rosanne Boyland Before Truth about Her Jan 6 Death is exposed.
- CDC Quietly Abandons PCR Test for Covid. Why?
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Doomsday Approaches: Biden Announces Commission to Study Overhauling Supreme Court
- Awesome Story — North Korea Hacked Him. So Peeved Security Analyst Took Down Its Internet
- Supposedly “Secure” ProtonMail gives up IP addresses of climate activist to Swiss authorities