A Louisiana U.S. district judge blocked a federal COVID-19 vaccine mandate for health care workers Tuesday, issuing a nationwide injunction in another setback to President Joe Biden’s effort to require wide segments of the population to be vaccinated.
Louisiana Western District U.S. Judge Terry Doughty’s decision follows an identical ruling Monday from Missouri U.S. District Judge Matthew Schelp, but Schelp’s decision only covered 10 states.
Doughty ruled on the lawsuit led by Republican Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry and joined by 13 other states, but Doughty added a nationwide injunction in his ruling.
In his decision, Doughty wrote the Biden Administration doesn’t have the authority to bypass Congress in issuing such a mandate.
“If the executive branch is allowed to usurp the power of the legislative branch to make laws, two of the three powers conferred by our Constitution would be in the same hands,” he wrote. “If human nature and history teach anything, it is that civil liberties face grave risks when governments proclaim indefinite states of emergency.
“During a pandemic such as this one, it is even more important to safeguard the separation of powers set forth in our Constitution to avoid erosion of our liberties.”
The emergency regulation issued Nov. 4 by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services would have required staff at providers that participate in the programs to receive at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by Dec. 6 and be fully vaccinated by Jan. 4, 2022.https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/news/2021/11/30/louisiana-federal-judge-blocks-biden-national-covid-vaccine-mandate-healthcare-workers/8806478002/
- This Pic Hilariously Sums up the Media’s Coverage of Covid
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- FISA Court Confirms Govt Lied In Every Spy Warrant Application Against Carter Page
- Cardinal Cupich of Chicago Drops the Hammer on The Traditional Rites
- Naomi Wolf: Vaccine Passports are “End of Human Liberty.”
- French National Assembly Passes Anti-Extremism Bill Proposing Stricter Rules for Religion
- Vid: High school student arrested for defying mask mandate
- Vatican Warns Bishops Against Taking a Stand for Life
- Vid: Gov. Desantis Makes a Strong Stand for Personal Freedom.
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?