The numbers: Consumer prices rose sharply again in April and drove the rate of inflation to the highest level in nearly 13 years, signaling greater stress on the economy as businesses grapple with supply shortages that are raising the cost of many goods and services.
The consumer price index soared 0.8% to match the biggest monthly increase since 2009, the government said Wednesday. Economists polled by Dow Jones and The Wall Street Journal had forecast a milder 0.2% advance.
The rate of inflation over the past year jumped to 4.2% from 2.6% in the prior month — the highest level since 2008.MSN
JUST IN – US Fed Vice Chairman Richard Clarida: "We were SURPRISED by higher than expected inflation data." This comes after the surprisingly low jobs report.— Disclose.tv ???? (@disclosetv) May 12, 2021
- JAMA: Myocarditis Cases Reported After mRNA-Based COVID-19 Vaccination in the US
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Aussie Police confirm use of controversial LRAD Weapon against Canberra protestors
- Not so fast. The Very Misleading Article By a Priest on Drugs And Abortion Testing
- Prince Andrew agrees to settlement in Jeffrey Epstein sex abuse case
- Blue’s Clues Transgender Propaganda
- The Chinese Communist Party is Still Buying Up American Land.
- Is Gavin Newsom hiding because he got Bell’s Palsy from Booster Shot?
- Liars Game — CDC withheld massive amounts of COVID data to ‘prevent vaccine hesitancy’
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory