A Christian schoolteacher will be allowed back into the classroom after a judge ruled the Loudoun County, Va., school district wrongfully suspended him for criticizing its proposed transgender policies.
Tanner Cross, who spoke out at a public school board meeting saying his faith would not allow him to use pronouns for individuals not compliant with their biological sex, sued the county following his suspension. The school alleged that he had caused a “disruption,” citing several parent complaints. Judge James Plowman said the district violated Cross’s religious and speech rights.
“The public’s knowledge that [Cross’s] speech was permissible, is encouraged, and is free from governmental oppression serves the public interest,” Plowman wrote. “Governmental bodies being held in check for violating a citizen’s constitutional rights serves the public interest.”
Cross’s suit against Loudoun County Public Schools is not over. His lawyers from Alliance Defending Freedom, a pro bono religious liberty firm, are seeking a more permanent ruling as Tuesday’s decision is only effective until December. Plowman gave the involved parties until June 16 “to schedule a trial on the merits” while noting the teacher is likely to prevail on his First Amendment complaint.Free Beacon
- JAMA: Myocarditis Cases Reported After mRNA-Based COVID-19 Vaccination in the US
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- New York junior high segregating students by race in order to ‘undo legacy of racism.’ Do they not know what “racism” means?
- CDC Study — No Significant Difference in COVID-19 Transmission Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated
- Uh-Oh. Vials labeled ‘smallpox’ found in Merck lab near Philadelphia. FBI Investigating.
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Rumors Persist Among Vatican Insiders That Pope Is Seriously Ill
- Wokeism Is a Cruel and Dangerous Cult