New York City’s largest police union announced a lawsuit Monday against the city over the vaccine mandate, asking a judge to allow unvaccinated officers to continue working while the suit makes its way through the court.
The New York City Police Benevolent Association (PBA) announced Monday they filed a suit in Staten Island asking to overturn the vaccine mandate. The PBA also filed a request for a temporary restraining order asking the court to bar the city and New York Police Department (NYPD) from implementing the mandate while the suit is heard.
PBA President Patrick Lynch accused Democratic Mayor Bill de Blasio and the NYPD of failing to provide guidance on how the vaccine mandate would be implemented.
“It is clear that the NYPD is being run directly by Mayor de Blasio and his advisors, who care more about politics than public health or public safety. This chaotic environment is one of the arguments we are using in court to halt the implementation of the mandate,” Lynch said.
“NYPD members are frustrated because we are trying to make important, possibly life-changing decisions while our leaders keep us in the dark – perhaps intentionally.”
Lynch went on to call the mandate “irrational.”
The suit claims the mandate does not include protections for officers who may have a religious exemption nor does it include a provision for weekly testing rather than the vaccine, according to The New York Times.https://dailycaller.com/2021/10/26/new-york-police-union-sues-city-vaccine-mandate/
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- What the ever living? Report–Governor Kristi Noem is having an extramarital affair with adviser Corey Lewandowski
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Michigan High School Student Sues School for Suspending Him for Talking About Christian Beliefs in Private