Psaki Lashes Out at Manchin for Refusing to Build Back Better
The more acrimony between the White House and Manchin the better.
White House press secretary Jen Psaki accused Democratic West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin of backtracking on commitments he made to President Joe Biden regarding the Build Back Better Act Sunday.
Manchin, whose been on the fence regarding the president’s social spending plan, said on “Fox News Sunday” that he cannot vote for the Build Back Better Act. While he’s consistently raised concerns regarding the bill’s price tag amid inflation problems, Sunday marks the first time he’s taken an official stance on not backing the bill.
The White House didn’t mince words in its lengthy response shortly after Manchin’s comments, with Psaki saying that Manchin was “committed” to supporting Biden’s bill “weeks ago.” The press secretary’s 700+ word statement is notable, as it marks the first time the administration has spoken so candidly – and sharply – regarding Manchin.
“Senator Manchin’s comments this morning on FOX are at odds with his discussions this week with the President, with White House staff, and with his own public utterances,” Psaki said. “Weeks ago, Senator Manchin committed to the President, at his home in Wilmington, to support the Build Back Better framework that the President then subsequently announced. Senator Manchin pledged repeatedly to negotiate on finalizing that framework ‘in good faith.’”
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- CDC Study — No Significant Difference in COVID-19 Transmission Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated
- Noooo — Notre-Dame interior faces woke ‘Disney’ revamp
- China Threatens Olympics Athletes Not to Post About Political or Religious Issues…Or Else.
- Hmmm. Four British Airway Pilots Suddenly Die in One Week. But It Has Nothing to do with Vaxx!!!!!!
- 1st Grade Class Read Transgender Book. School Board President, Who Owns Sex Toy Biz, Does Nothing.
- Stupid Salvation Army Goes Woke and Now Broke — Donors Withdraw Support in Response to Racial ‘Wokeness’ Initiative
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.