The Prima System consists of a photovoltaic substitute of photoreceptors that enables the use of central prosthetic and peripheral natural vision at the same time for people with atrophic dry age-related macular degeneration (AMD). While still under development, the technology is undergoing continued study during the pivotal PRIMAvera trial. The study began in late 2020 with aims to affirm the safety and benefits of and from the Prima System.
Crucially, this is the last clinical step before the new bionic vision technology goes to market in Europe.
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Supposedly “Secure” ProtonMail gives up IP addresses of climate activist to Swiss authorities
- Police: Criminals Are Using New Apple Device To Stalk Victims, Follow Them Home
- China Threatens Olympics Athletes Not to Post About Political or Religious Issues…Or Else.
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- VIDEO: Teacher Loses Mind, Threatens To Call Police On Unmasked Student, Calls Him A ‘Piece Of Sh*t’